Saturday, January 5, 2013

Lazing the day away

 
Rather tired today after a couple of very long work shifts (12 to 9pm) in a very poorly air-conditioned work place. I can guarantee no one comes to our shopping complex to escape from the heat.
Tiredness exacerbated by being woken before 6am today by a neighbour's house alarm which has gone off intermittently for the rest of the day. And no, there was no break-in underway. When I went out to investigate at around 7am, our neighbour, who was standing in her living room, simply shrugged her shoulders when she saw me.
After this unpleasant start to the day, the remainder of the morning was passed in bed with a book, music, ceiling fan on high and a cat for company. Very enjoyable.


The jungle outside our bedroom window.












In other news......
I used one of my Christmas vouchers to buy these delicious candles. Some old favourites in addition to a couple of new ones to try.

The remains of yet another voucher was used to purchase this lovely and inspiring book which features images of love-hearts in nature and man-made from all over the world.

This afternoon, I'll be putting away a few more Christmas decorations. One tree is already down. Most of the bits and pieces are going away today. I may let the main tree stay for another day, just until the traditional Twelfth Day of Christmas.

*******
 
Edited to add the list of books I read in 2012 (for my own records)
 
*******
 

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

In the current heat, lazing the day away is a perfectly valid option.